Wednesday, January 27, 2010
SURGERY TO WIN BACK BOYFRIEND
Shanghai - A Chinese woman is so keen to win back her ex-boyfriend that she plans to undergo plastic surgery to transform herself into his favourite actress: Hollywood star Jessica Alba.
The 21 year old who identify herself as Xiaoqing, told the Shanghai Daily that she had met with doctors at a plastic surgery clinic in the eastern Chinese city who offered to do the work for free.
'I have made my decision,' the newspaper quoted her as saying. 'I, not only doing it for my ex-boyfriend, but for myself. I am a psychologically weak person. I want to do something to challenge myself and built a strong personality through it.'
Liu Qi, an official at the Shanghai Time Plastic Surgery Hospital, said the woman would need eyebrow lifting, eyelid reshaping and nose reconstruction to look like Alba, the star of 'Sin City' and 'Fantastic Four'. There's no worry about the expense and its technically practicable, Dr Liu was quoted as saying. 'But the facelift is irreversible and we hope that she would take it seriously.' Clinic officials confirmed the woman's story, but would not say when or if the surgery would go ahead.
The woman, who works for a web firm, described to the newspaper how her Alba obsessed 28-year-old ex-boyfriend hung photos of the actress on his walls and stored her image on his mobile phone. The man demanded Ms Xiaoqing do her make-up as Alba does, even when she slept, and gave her a blonde wig for Christmas, which he asked her to wear all the time.
She told the newspaper they broke up last month when she threw her wig and fake eyelashes to the ground after passes-by laughed at her. But afterwards, she said she reconsidered. 'I love him very much.... That's why I always followed his opinions. I don'y want to lose him,' the newspaper quoted her as saying. - AFP
There's a lot of questions racing into my mind as I read this article in today's Straits Times.
- Who and where are this girl's parents?
- How do both parents feel knowing the drastic action that's going to be taken by their daughter?
- All mothers deliver to beautiful babies. They grow up as the most beautiful daughters or the most handsome sons. Her mother?
- Her state of mind - 'Psychologically weak'. Will the process of undergoing the knives thus 'built her strong personality'?
- The surgery will be at no expense incurred. Post surgery free of charge too?
- At 21, there's already so many demand to be fulfilled by her. 10 years down the road? 20? 30?
- The 28-year-old boyfriend is not living in a real world - Yes, I say it - Serious relationship will bring to marriage, family, kids and old age. How's the man going to accept the transition if he cannot accept the girl as she is right now.
- Passers-by already see her as weird. Isn't the boyfriend the most weirdest ?
- Stars in the sky don't glitter every night. If Jessica Alba is throw in the towel, will her boyfriend feeling towards her still glitters?
- I hope the article is not true or the girl has been advised not worth the pain to undergo plastic surgery. - He's only obsessed to Jessica Alba and obsession is hallucination.