It's already the 5th day of January. How's 2010 sailed...
1. The year was greeted with eclipse of the moon. There'll be solar eclipse this coming January 15.
2. The mass birthday celebration of the 80's children was held at Jalan Tenaga on the 1st day of 2010. It was the proudest moment of my mother to see her grandchildren had turned to fine adults.
3. Something like Singapore High Consul had set up office at City Square. Heard that on Suria 11.30pm news on Friday, 1st January. Need to check up more.
4. Warna, Malay radio station with 9 bus loads of fans spent the New Year at Port Dickson.
5. Siti Nurhaliza and M Nasir ushered in 2010 with their sold out performance at the Esplanade.
Anita Sarawak and Ismail Harun will perform at Expo in 2 weeks' time.
Wali band famous in Singapore with the hit song 'Cari Jodoh' will perform at Republic Polytechnic on Saturday, 23rd January - Another full-house I suppose.
6. Former Malaysian Information Minister, Datuk Mohamed Rahmat, 72, passed away on the 1st day of 2010 after 10 years suffering from kidney ailment.
7. Federal Court Judge Datuk Seri S. Augustine Paul, 65, who's famed with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's 1998 case, passed away 3 days ago, after 2 years of pancreatic cancer.
8. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim will be in court this 25th January for the almost similar 1998 case.
9. Sugar had increased by 20sen / kg to RM1.65 and Gardenia by 30sen / 600g loaf to RM3.20.
10. Malay students poor in Mathematics?
A Stanford University graduate Maths Teacher, Mr Khir Johari, said on television that, it's all in the mindset.
When asked of his opinion, he stressed on making the students understand the subject and not rank them - Mass prejudgment will bring in the mass expected result.
His 7 year experience teaching in California to Hispanics and immigrant students with multi-social background had him concluded that Malay students' dismal performance can easily be tackled with early culculative subject and passion building.
For now, I'm momentarily relieved. I'll sail on...