Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Haj Story - GOD Willing, Syawal In Makkatul Mukarramah

It was Haj 2001 in Mina, and I was doing my favourite past-time activity: People-watching, when walked into my path was Ustaz Ismail Kamus.

"Selalu nampak kat An-Nur." He said to me.

I was surprised with the statement because as far as I remember then, An-Nur had never invited him to give a talk.
Furthermore, I had never attended any of his talk in Singapore.

He was wrong to say to often see me but I used to buy many of his cassettes.
In one of the cassette, he said he can guarantee never a person is left without food in Masjidil Haram when the breaking of Ramadhan fast begins.

Is that so?
When congregations reached the number of three million in the Grand Holy Mosque, hiccups sure to happen.
Maybe he's wrong again.

So in 2002, I spent my last ten days of Ramadhan in Masjidil Haram.
On one occasion nearing the breaking of fast time, I could see many Arabic women were busy preparing food for themselves getting the dates, coffee, zamzam drink and bread with its side dish.

It was on purpose that I did not get anything for myself recalling Ustaz Ismail Kamus assurance that no one is left without food when breaking their fast in the Grand Holy Mosque.
But few seconds before azan, all the food was pushed to me.
Good gracious! GOD is Great.

On another occasion, we were late to the mosque.
The call for prayer was heard before we reach the Grand Mosque and again, behold the sight.
Lined the long path that led to the Holy Mosque were male youths with trays of dates. They put dates into the mouths of male pilgrimers and gave the dates to the females in their hands.

Tears trickled from my eyes because this time,  Ustaz Datuk Ismail Kamus  is indeed right.
Three million pilgrimers is just a number and GOD welcomes HIS guests with 'open hands'.

The morning of 'Aidilfitri, jema'ah performing prayers overflowed to the highway, reaching the horizon.
All the marvellous sight and activities spending the last ten days of Ramadhan in Makkatul Mukarramah, is one memory which I cannot be stingy with opportunity.
Should the opportunity to perform Umrah Ramadhan arise again, I have to let the slot be given to others.

Thank GOD, visa was approved and we will be flying to Jeddah this September.
And, no Umrah Ramadhan this time, but Umrah Syawal.  

Madinatul Munawwarah After 2010
 
Photo: www.dotsis.com/

Our last week of this September Ramadhan will be spent in Madinah.

1,970 Masjidin Nabawi personnel are gearing themselves up for this Ramadhan 1431 to ensure all needs are met.
400 of them will be waiting jemaah at the 85 gates of Masjidin Nabawi and I'm eagerly waiting to meet the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and his two best friends in the Prophet Mosque, Saidina Abu Bakar and Saidina Umar, who are forever waiting for those who long to meet them.

Allahumma Solli 'Alaa Saiidinaa Muhammad.    

3 comments:

remgold said...

salam maam,
doakan for the countries that share the Causeway pls and for their denizens like unkerr remgold.

Lee said...

Hello Ummie, very interesting post. I too believe God does work wonders sometimes, and also hands that help can be Holier than lips that pray.
Wishing you and family all the very best this puasa month, keep well, Lee.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.