"ALLAH and HIS Angels send Blessings on the Prophet:
O you that believe!
Send your blessings on Him,
and salute Him with all respect."
- Al Qur'an: Surah Al-Ahzab 56
* The Prophet Muhammad sollallaahu 'alaihi wasallam said: “ALLAH has angels who go around on earth, conveying to Me the salam of my ummah.” - (Sunan Nasaa'i, Saheeh Al-Albani radhiallaahu 'anhuma)
* The Prophet s.a.w. said: “When any one of you prays, let him begin by Praising ALLAH, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet s.a.w., then let him ask for whatever he wants.” - At-Tarmidzhi radhiallaahu 'anh.
* Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin Al-’As r.a. reported: I heard the Messenger of ALLAH s.a.w. saying: “Whoever Supplicates ALLAH to exalt My mention (selawat), ALLAH will Exalt HIS Mention (Selawat) ten times and remove from him ten sins and Raise him ten degrees." - Muslim r.a.
* The Messenger s.a.w. said: “Do not take your houses as graves and do not take My grave as a place of festivity (which you visit repeatedly).
Send blessings upon Me, for your greeting will reach Me no matter where you are.” - Abu Hurairah r.a.
* Rasulullah s.a.w. said, “There is not one of you who sends his greetings upon Me except that ALLAH returns the soul to My body (in the grave) and I return his greeting.” - Abu Daud r.a.
* Saidina ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattaab r.a. said: “Du’a is suspended between heaven and earth and none of it is taken up until you send blessings upon your Prophet." - At-Tarmidzhi r.a.
* Saidina 'Ali r.a. reported: Rasulullah s.a.w. said, "The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned but he does not supplicate for Me.” - At-Tarmidzhi r.a.
* Abdur Rahman bin 'Auf r.a. said, "I came to the Prophet s.a.w. while He was in prostration and He elongated His prostration and then said, “Jibrail 'alaihis salam came to Me and he said, ‘Whoever sends blessings (selawat) upon You, I will send blessings on him, and whoever sends greetings (salam) upon You, I will send greetings upon him,’ so I prostrated out of Thankfulness to ALLAH." - Al Haakim r.a.
* Ibn Mas’ood r.a. reported: The Messenger s.a.w. said: "The people who will be nearest to Me on the Day of Resurrection will be those who Supplicate ALLAH more often for Me.” - At-Tarmidzhi r.a.
*‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ood said: If any one of you wants to ask (of ALLAH), let him begin by Praising ALLAH as HE Deserves to be Praised, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet s.a.w., then let him ask after that, for that is more likely to be answered. - Narrated by Al-Tabaraani.
“Say (O Muhammad to mankind):
“If you (really) love ALLAH,
then follow Me ,
ALLAH will Love you and Forgive you your sins.
And ALLAH is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
- Al Qur'an: Surah Al-Imran 31